Pages

4/30/2015

#30 Zoe Sugg - Girl Online | Book Review

          Today I wanted to try something different, as you probably all know by now, Zoe Sugg also known as Zoella on Youtube has written a book called Girl Online. And there have been a lot of arguments about the fact that it was written by a ghost-writter not Zoe herself, and she got a lot of hate comments on this fact, which is really sad for me.

I personally really love Zoe and I'm increadibly proud of her. In this review I'd like to take a closer look on the cover, content, style of writting and price.

Firstly, here is a little summery written on the back of the cover.

"Penny has a secret. 
Under the alias Girl Online, Penny blogs her hidden feelings about friendship, boys, high school drama, her crazy family, and the panic attacks that have begun to take over her life. When things go from bad to worse, her family whisks her away to New York, where she meets Noah, a gorgeous, guitar-strumming American. Suddenly Penny is falling in love - and capturing every moment of it on her blog.
But Noah has a secret, too, one that threatens to ruin Penny's cover - and her closest friendship - forever."

1) Cover: I absolutely love it, I would say that if I had written a book someday ever, I probably would have designed it in a similar way because it's in "my style" but it refers to the content od the book really accurate.

2) Content: I may not but absolutly objective because I going through a little "book crisis" myself, so I'm really picky and uncontent about almost everything that I read xD If I was a young adult, like 3 years younger I would definitely love this book to piecies, but at this time in my life I'd say it is okay. I like the fact that Penny's blog posts and text messages are printed in a different font. But to me, it was almost like a fanfiction but in a book format. I'm glad that Zoe could somehow relate to Penny, cause she writes a blog herself and she also deals with panick attacks. The book covers also problem of hate in the internet and the fact that everything that we write in the internet can either, change the world for better or not and we decide, what do we want to choose. The sad thing is that I wanted to cry on this book but there is a happy ending so unfortunately I couldn't :c

3) Style of writing: I can't say a lot about it, cause I read it in Polish. I just couldn't find english version anywhere :< But anyway I like the sens of humor and some characters as well. But as I said it was written mostly for young adults so the language isn't too elaborate. Although it is really easily written you can read it very fast, like seriously I've never read a book that fast in my life :P

4) Price: as far as price going I checked it on amazon and it is 12,99. For me it's quite a lot. But if you can come across a nice sale than you won't spent a fortune on that book :)



All in all I think that this book is worth a try, who know maybe you'd like it. If you already read it, please let me know in the commenst what do you think about it. I'd like to know your thoughts and opinions.

I hope you liked this post, it is a bit different but recetly I've become a kind of bookworm so if you'd like to see more of my book reviews than let me know in the comments and I will write some more of them.


Lots of love xoxo

P.S. I'm sorry I haven't been around for 2 months but I think I needed a little break to think through everything, I also found a job so I don't have as much time as I had before to write post, I'd like to come back and try as hard as I can to write a nice posts for you quite regurarlly.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with you! well..almost completely. I'm younger than you and definitely not in love with Girl Online. sure, it's nice and easy to read, but the plot...... anyways, I'm glad I've read this book, especially because it was english version. and I'm so happy about you being back! I missed your posts and hopr to read more very soon. xxx

    ReplyDelete